Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's a Girl...

I can say, finally!

Finally she's out.

After being in my tummy for 40 weeks + 4 days... She's out in this world.

I can say that it was a long process~

Here's the journey in giving birth to my daughter...

Doctor estimated that I will give birth on 29th November 2013. So, as a first-time parents-to be, Mr. Imam and I was so excited. We even expected her to be out earlier, as most first pregnancy it will due 2 to 3 weeks earlier. However, looks like our daughter refused to be November's baby.

And so, I had my check-up on 28th November 2013. Doctor asked few routine questions; how am I doing, is the baby active, etc. My answer to the activeness of my baby was lesser since few days, and straight away   Doctor gave me options either to have induction or wait, the risk for waiting is baby may die. And that was it! That was how he gave options. Plus, my cervix is yet to be dilated. The hospital scheduled for another appointment on 2nd December 2013.

We decided to wait. It was a mental and emotional waiting session for us.

During the waiting period we tried so many ways in order to make me dilated my cervix, from acupuncture pressure, walking around, and exercise. We tried all.

2nd December 2013 - 0950hrs
Reached hospital for my appointment. Did my routine check, went for Ultrasound scan, and next station to get CTG scan (scanning for baby's heartbeat). And after all that done, we finally head to Doctor's room to hear the verdict AT 1155hrs.

Again my cervix is not dilated yet, it was only open up to 1cm. In order for labour, the cervix needs to be opened up / dilated till 10cm. So, the Doctor gave me an option either to induce or wait. This time around, Doctor Candice at least explained what to expect if we choose to wait again. The reasons are; baby might poop inside and accidentally eat the waste which may be toxic to the baby, and insufficient supply of nutrients to the baby because placenta can only provide the nutrients up till 10 months.

So, this time around we chose to induce. One of the reason is that both parents are so eager.

Process for the ward arrangement took almost few hours to be admitted.

Finally at around 1730hrs I am warded. Family members were around to keep me company and stayed till visiting hours end at 2100hrs.

Now just left me with Mr. Imam to wait till 2200hrs for my first tablet induction.

CTG Scan was done first for one hour to monitor the baby's heartbeat. Next the tablet was induced in my cervix, and next we need to wait for 2 hours for the result. So, I was pushed back to the ward at around 0230 hours on 3rd December 2013.

Started to feel contractions at every half an hour. Since it's still bearable, I just stay at my bed.

3rd December 2013 - 0430hrs
Nurse came to check on me and was surprised to look at my contractions. She asked whether am I in pain, so I said I can bear it. But then, the nurse stated that I were to be sent to Delivery Suite in case I can't bear the pain I can just ask for pain relief there. And I just obliged.

0445hrs
Reached Delivery Suite. Felt that there's a discharge there, and it was actually blood. Contractions is still bearable even though it is coming at every half an hour.

0545hrs
Another tablet was induced. Last check on my cervix that it is not even 2cm dilated. Frustrating feeling.

0830hrs
The contractions started to bother me. Can't bear it. Decided to give in to the gas mask. And yet my cervix refused to open up. Still at 1-2cm. They scheduled me for another induction at 12pm. So I have another 6 hours to go for my cervix to be dilated.

1015hrs
Felt the urge to push. Nurse came to check and I already dilated at 4cm. She was surprised on my fast progression. And started to rush in preparing all the necessities. At around 1100hrs, I get the urge to push getting harder. Check again on my cervix I have dilated at 8cm. Doctor started to come in, nurses started to give encouraging words. I was in excruciating pain! Mr. Imam did not stop in giving me support.

1210hrs
I felt relieved. Finally something is out from my vagina. Felt like you have successfully released a constipated "SHIT" ever. Fuuhhh~

After going through the process, I appreciate my husband more. He is there during the process and have seen the worst side of me. It was a stressful and yet there's funny experiences. Which shall be kept just the 2 of us~

Picture dated on 10/12/13

Presenting Nur 'Aisy Binte Muhammad Johan. The baby that we have been waiting for.

No comments: